Tips on Being a Good Client
Help us help you. Being a good client ensures that we have everything we need to help you with your case. Here are some tips on things to do and things to think about as we move forward:
- Tell us everything about your case, the bad as well as the good. The sooner we know about weak points, the better we can address them. By law, everything you tell your attorney is confidential.
- Keep all documents and papers that you have or receive. Then bring them in, and we will make a copy while you wait and return the originals to you.
- Write down your recollection of the facts and incidents while they are still fresh in your mind.
- Keep a record of ways in which the incident has affected your daily life, the progress of your recovery, what activities aggravate your injury or pain, etc.
- Let us know of any changes in your phone number, address, or job status.
- Keep us informed of what doctors and therapists you see, and any changes in your medical status.
Use Email To Contact Us
The best and fastest way for you to communicate with us is online or via email with the paralegal who is working with the attorney on your case.
Things to Consider
- Follow your doctors’ instructions and show up for all your physical therapy and other appointments.
- It is best if you don’t discuss your case with anyone but us. Once we represent you, all communication with opponents, witnesses, and experts go through us for your protection.
- Do not post any information or photos on your Facebook page or social networking sites that have anything to do with your accident or your medical condition.
- Please retain any documents, photos, videos, items, or other evidence relating to your case. If there are not yet any photos of the accident site, discuss this with us immediately.
One Final Assignment
Don’t obsess about your case. Do your best to move forward with your life, and let us do the worrying for you—that’s what we’re here for.